Thank you for choosing Ohio Hearing and Balance Institute, a service of St. Luke's Hospital. We're eager to meet you and help you manage your balance disorder.
Your First Appointment
Your first appointment is a very important step in your treatment. A member of the Ohio Hearing and Balance Institute team will assess your health and symptoms. Depending on your doctor's orders, you may receive diagnostic testing and physical therapy.
You can help your doctor make a diagnosis and determine a treatment plan by being prepared to answer the questions below:
The best way I can describe my dizziness or balance problem is:
- How often do I feel dizzy or have trouble keeping my balance?
- Have I ever fallen? If so, When and where?
- Under what conditions did I fall?
- How often have I fallen?
What Should I Take with Me?
Please take the following items with you to your appointment:
- Insurance card
- Photo ID
- Physician order
- Completed patient forms located here:
- A list of medications you take, including prescriptions and over-the-counter medicine, such as aspirin, antihistamines, or sleep aids. Note the name, dosage and reason you are taking the medication./li>