Infant Monitor Program
At ProMedica Toledo Children's Hospital, we provide a diagnostic, therapeutic and educational program to meet the needs of high-risk infants. A team approach is used to support infants and families whose conditions require the use of home monitoring services.
Physicians are pediatric pulmonologists (lung specialists) who are board-certified in pediatrics and in pediatric pulmonary medicine with a specialty in intensive care and direct patient care. The team of physicians, nurses and respiratory therapists follow patients' care. A staff member can be reached by telephone 24 hours a day to answer questions and solve problems related to infant alarms and/or equipment use.
Infants referred to the program may be:
- infants who experience an apparent life-threatening event (ALTE)
- SIDS siblings
- premature infants with apnea/bradycardia
- infants with obstructive apnea
- infants with seizure/neurological related-apnea
- oxygen dependent infants
- infants with cardiac problems
To contact the Infant Monitor Program, call 419-291-2229 or 800-876-2763.