ProMedica Defiance Regional Hospital Scholarship
The purpose of the ProMedica Defiance Regional Hospital Foundation Scholarship Fund is to improve health care in our community by providing financial assistance to persons of demonstrated ability to further their education and training in the health care field.
Applicants must be pursuing a health care curriculum, have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 of better, be of good character and go to or graduated from a high-school located within Defiance Regional Hospital’s service area (eligible school districts listed below) or have a parent or guardian that is a current or former employee of Defiance Regional Hospital.
Students that live within the following school districts are eligible:
- Defiance City Schools
- Ayersville Local School District
- Central-Local School District
- Northeastern Local School District
- Holgate Local School District
- Paulding Exempted Village Schools
- Continental Local School District
- Bryan City Schools
- Stryker Local School District
- Archbold Local School District
- Napoleon Area City Schools
A Committee will award scholarships based on their discretion. Guidelines for the committee to consider are as follows:
- Maximum of $500 per year scholarship for students in a two (2) year program
- Maximum of $1,000 per year scholarship for students in a four (4) year program
- Students must be enrolled as a full-time student
- Student must be pursuing a field of study that would offer services in a hospital setting
- Scholarships are renewable based on 3.0 grade point average of better (confirmed by current transcript), continuation of undergraduate studies and confirmation of a health care related field of study that would offer services in a hospital setting from the attending school.
Applications become available: February 18, 2013
Applications must be completed and submitted to ProMedica Defiance Regional Hospital Foundation by: April 12, 2013. (Postmarked submissions on or before that date will be accepted.)
Awards Acknowledged: May 10, 2013
1. Applications must be typewritten or computer generated and signed in all instances.
2. School transcripts must be official, with seal, and mailed directly from the educational institution to ProMedica Defiance Regional Hospital Foundation.
3. SAT or ACT test scores are required.
4. Please provide a concise statement to each of the questions or topics below. Your response per question or topic should be no longer than one page each:
a. Why are you planning to make a career in the health care field?
b. Describe community service and leadership activities that you have participated in during the past year.
c. What experiences over the past year have you had to confirm your desire to enter (or maintain) the field of study you are pursuing?
d. Describe your financial need of this scholarship.
5. Two letters of recommendation from two individuals are required.
6. The entire application must be completed and submitted by the deadline to be considered by the scholarship committee.
Return application, transcripts, test scores and letters of recommendation to:
ProMedica Defiance Regional Hospital Foundation
1200 Ralston Avenue
Defiance, Ohio 43512
If you have any questions or concerns please call (419) 783-6802 or email: matt.gilroy@ProMedica.org.
Deadline for completed applications is April 12, 2013. Applications postmarked on or by this date will be accepted.