For Clinical Instructors
The following documentation must be submitted for each clinical instructor each year:
- Instructor Information Sheet
- Pyxis ID Form
The following documentation must be submitted for each clinical group:
- Student Demographic information. (includes health records) MUST BE SUBMITTED TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE START OF CLINICAL.
- ProMedica - Student Intake and Health Records Form -Group Format (Nursing programs with clinical groups at Toledo Hospital and Flower Hospital will use different forms specifically provided to each program. Please contact Staff Development if you need this form.)
- Orientation Documentation/ Attestation Form
- Glucose Meter Education Documentation Form
- Glucose Education Module included in the library below.
The following training must be completed annually:
- Review the clinical orientation module. Contact site coordinator for additional site-specific requirements if any.
- Meet with the Nurse Manager/Director to discuss unit standards, routines, and expectations.
- Complete EMR/i-Care orientation appropriate to your student’s utilization of the EMR/i-Care products modules
- Sign the attestation statement
- Shadow one or two shifts on the nursing unit. The amount of time needed for orientation is at the faculty’s discretion, but a minimum of 8 hours is required. (Only required the first time faculty is bringing students to a unit)
- Note: Clinical instructors will orient students to the unit/hospital, so it is important for you to be comfortable in the environment.
Browse the appropriate folders below to view orientation files.