Heart Care and Cardiovascular Services
For more than three decades, specialists at ProMedica Toledo Hospital have led the way in providing quality health care to heart patients in northwest Ohio. Many important firsts in the region occurred at Toledo Hospital, from the first open-heart surgery more than 30 years ago, to the first bypass surgery and first coronary catheterization lab.
Additionally, Toledo Hospital is certified as an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society for Chest Pain Centers. In achieving this elite distinction, Toledo Hospital was commended for its expertise and commitment to emergency cardiac care. The Accredited Chest Pain Center at Toledo Hospital provides rapid assessment, diagnosis and treatment of chest pain for patients who may be experiencing a heart attack.
Cardiac and Cardiovascular Services
We offer a full complement of non-invasive medical services for diagnosing and treating diseases and disorders of the cardiovascular system—including echocardiology, electrocardiology, electrophysiology, Holter monitoring and stress testing. Our caring, experienced cardiologists, heart surgeons, nurse clinicians and physician assistants manage your care every step of the way.
Other features include:
- Interventional cardiac labs. In Toledo Hospital's sophisticated interventional cardiac laboratories, specialists are able to learn important facts about a patient's heart, such as the amount of blockage in coronary arteries and diseases of the heart valves.
- Heart Surgery. Experienced surgeons offer a full range of open-heart procedures, including complex valve repair and replacement, and coronary artery bypass procedures with or without the lung machine.
- Coronary intensive care unit. Our facility provides services for cardiovascular patients requiring angioplasty or interventional procedures, or experiencing acute myocardial infarctions, congestive heart failure or other heart related conditions.
Call the hospital’s main number at 419-291-4000 for more information about heart care at Toledo Hospital, or learn more about heart and vascular services at ProMedica.
ProMedica Toledo Hospital Aortic Center
Aortic disorders are complex, degenerative and sometimes progressive in nature. In addition, patients may also suffer from other heart and vascular conditions. As a result, effective treatment and management of aortic disorders requires a comprehensive, team approach to patient care.
Incorporating the disciplines of cardiovascular surgery, vascular surgery and cardiology, the Toledo Hospital Aortic Center is an integrated program comprised of expertise spanning all aspects of the medical and surgical treatment of aortic disease.
Patients are referred to our service for help with a variety of conditions, including:
- Aortic root and valve disorders
- Thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Aortic dissection
- Aortic occlusion
- Connective tissue disorders, such as Marfan Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
The surgeons, cardiologists and interventionalists at the Toledo Hospital Aortic Center are experienced in all treatment options for aortic disorders. Whether your diagnosis requires medical management with regular follow-up or a surgical or minimally invasive endovascular repair, rest assured that we have experience treating your condition. Contact the Aortic Center at 1-877-9-AORTIC with questions about our services.