ProMedica Bixby Hospital To Host Robot Round-Up Open House On Sunday, March 10
posted on: 03/14/2013ADRIAN, Mich., Feb. 27, 2013 —ProMedica Bixby Hospital invites the Lenawee County community to its Robot Round-Up open house being held on Sunday, March 10 from 1-4 p.m.
The Robot Round-Up open house will celebrate the new robotic surgery program at ProMedica Bixby Hospital. The event will include many fun and interactive activities including:
• Test-drives of the hospital’s new daVinci© surgical robot.
• A robot exhibition featuring local student robotics teams and children’s activities.
• “Operation Nice” an anti-bullying presentation by Michigan author Kristy Short. RSVPs emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org are requested for this special presentation which will be held at 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. at the Merillat Center in the hospital basement. See the attached flyer for additional information.
• Demonstrations of safe patient handling equipment and procedures being used in ProMedica hospitals to reduce falls and injuries.
• Drawings for several prizes including a Google Nexus 7 tablet, a remote-controlled robot, gift cards to local business and other items.
In addition, the winners of the hospital’s “Dub the daVinci” and “Robot Round-Up” open house will be announced at the event.
ProMedica Bixby Hospital is a member of Toledo, Ohio-based ProMedica, a mission-based, not-for-profit healthcare organization formed in 1986. ProMedica has more than 14,300 employees and nearly 1,700 physicians – with more than 400 healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians. Its 11 hospitals and more than 306 facilities offer comprehensive diagnostic, medical and surgical specialties in heart and vascular, oncology, orthopaedics, neurology, and women and pediatric services. ProMedica’s mission is to improve health and well-being, with a strong focus on wellness and clinical excellence, as well as innovative, community advocacy programs that address health-related issues such as hunger and obesity.