Heart Care and Cardiovascular Services
ProMedica Bixby Hospital offers a wide variety of heart care services that provide technologically sophisticated tests for heart health. We also pride ourselves on the cardiac rehabilitation services that will help your heart recover after a cardiac event.
Cardiology and Echovascular Services
Cardiology services include:
- Physician consultation
- 12 lead electrocardiogram
- Holter monitoring
- Graded exercise testing with or without nuclear imaging
- Pharmacological EKG testing with nuclear imaging
- Stress and dobutamine stress testing
- Transtelephonic monitoring by event
Echovascular services include:
- Stress and dobutamine echocardiography with or without contrast
- Transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography
- Venous, carotid, abdominal, arterial duplex and arterial doppler studies
Connect with our cardiology department at 517-265-0185 for more information about cardiology or echovascular services at Bixby, or learn more about heart and vascular services at ProMedica.
Cardiac Cath Lab
The Cardiac Cath Lab at Bixby Hospital provides both inpatient and outpatient services to low-risk patients who require diagnostic and peripheral vascular procedures that include the following:
- Left heart catheterization
- Right heart catheterization
- Valve studies
- Peripheral vascular angiography/PTA/stenting
- Renal artery angiography/PTA/stenting
- Pacemaker insertions
onnect with our cath lab at 517-265-0267 for more information, or schedule an appointment at 517-265-0185.
The cardiac rehabilitation program at Bixby Hospital is committed to helping you improve your cardiovascular health. A primary goal of the cardiac rehab program is to help you develop healthy behaviors that will become a way of life and improve your overall health.
A comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation program is available at Bixby Hospital. A team of experienced professionals will assist you in the development of an individualized cardiac rehabilitation program if you have recently experienced a cardiac event or have been identified as needing to reduce your cardiac risk factors. Your program will consist of the following:
- Physician-supervised treadmill test
- Personalized exercise prescription
- Continuous EKG heart monitoring during exercise
- Group education
- Individualized risk factor modification
- Ongoing contact with physicians involved in your care
- Individual and group education and support
- Discharge evaluation and recommendations
Either you or your physician may schedule your appointments for outpatient cardiac rehab. A written physician referral is required. Medicare and most health insurance providers may cover the cost of a cardiac rehab program. Please call ahead to verify your coverage. If you do not have insurance coverage and cannot afford the services, please contact the cardiac rehab staff to discuss other options. Connect with cardiac rehabilitation at Bixby by calling 517-265-0223.