Lake Park Skilled Nursing Facility
A Special Place between Hospital and Home
ProMedica Flower Hospital campus is home to a unique facility that is designed to aid in the transition between a hospital stay and home recovery. If you require skilled nursing after a hospital stay or if you need long-term treatment due to a chronic condition, the staff at ProMedica Lake Park will assist in your recovery. Our professionals are well trained in nursing and rehabilitation and will help you or your loved one gain the skills and strength to return home.
Lake Park's convenient location on the campus of ProMedica Flower Hospital means that general hospital services including emergency services, lab testing, and other testing modalities are accessible when needed. Lake Park staff works closely with acute care or hospital to ensure that our patients have easy transitions to and from the skilled nursing facility.
Convenience doesn't stop there, however. We are also proud of our one-of-a-kind Easy Street® environment, a unique simulated space that allows patients to practice functional skills they will need upon returning home. In this environment, patients practice navigating curbs, steps, ramps, different doors and floor surfaces, vehicles, appliances, and simulated businesses such as the bank and stores.
If you would like more information on services provided by Lake Park or to schedule a personal tour, please call 419-824-1000. We'd be happy to answer any questions you have about what Lake Park has to offer.
Lake Park Services and Features
- Private and semi-private rooms
- Chaplain offering guidance and counseling
- Nurse practitioners, registered nurses, and nurses' aides providing care 24 hours a day
- Professional therapists providing physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Registered dietitians providing nutritious, appetizing meals
- Social workers experienced in geriatrics
- Sub acute services to meet the needs of those who no longer
require hospitalization but are not able to return home
- Medicare and Medicaid certified, most private insurances accepted
Rehabilitation Services/Skilled Nursing Care
ProMedica Lake Park offers the area's most extensive rehabilitation program. It has a fully equipped physical therapy gym and offers a number of supportive staff and services, including:
- Evaluation and treatment of neurological, orthopaedic and musculoskeletal diagnoses and swallow studies with radiology
- Physical and occupational therapists, speech/language pathologists and experienced staff providing services seven days a week
- Restorative Nursing programs complementing therapy
- Wound care treatment for chronic wounds including those caused by diabetes, poor circulation, pressure sores, or other medical problems
At ProMedica Lake Park, we understand how hard you work if you are a long-term caregiver for a loved one. Sometimes, you need some time off from your duties to reduce stress, restore energy and promote life balance. Lake Park provides respite care during these times. Whether you are taking a vacation, traveling for business, or taking on a longer-term commitment that requires several months of care, we will provide quality respite care for your loved one.
Comfort Care offers compassionate palliative care to those facing life-limiting illness. Our team focuses on maintaining the highest quality of life for each patient. We help individuals live life fully while controlling pain and other symptoms: we provide everything from music to massage therapy to help ease pain and promote relaxation. We also understand that health care goes beyond physical concerns. To that end, we also help our patients with psychological, emotional, and spiritual needs. We offer support groups for families and caregivers.
Even the facilities are designed with your comfort and well-being in mind. There is a full-time housekeeping and maintenance staff whose members take pride in maintaining the home-like environment. We have a beauty salon and barbershop on the premises, along with in-house banking services. The grounds are lovely and well-kept and include a serene lake view with abundant wildlife, a flower garden and gazebo, and an outdoor patio to enjoy the view.